When is the best time to reserve equipment for my party or event?
- We recommend reserving items and equipment as early as possible. Holidays are often times booked far in advance, and popular wedding dates may also have limited availability. A reservation is required to guarantee rental availability.
Can I modify an existing reservation?
- We welcome adjustments to orders until one week prior to each event, however additions cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations and reductions are not accepted after one week prior to the event and the customer is responsible for payment of all items beyond that date.
How do I make a reservation?
- You are more than welcome to stop in to our office, or we accept reservations over the phone or by email. Email requests are not considered a confirmation without an official reservation. We ask that you sign a rental agreement and place a 50% deposit to make reservations.
How do I get an estimate for my party or event?
- Typically we recommend calling for a phone consultation to ensure all items needed are listed on the proposal and all information is provided. We do provide estimates by email, however all tent estimates are pending a site visit.
Pricing and Payment
How does pricing work?
- Pricing is based on a full, single day rental. If you require a longer rental, additional charges may be incurred so please call us for more information.
When is final payment due?
- Final payment is due on or before delivery unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). You may also prepay at anytime!
Do you deliver to my city/town?
- Tents Unlimited can travel to most cities and towns in Connecticut. During high-volume weeks availability can depend on proximity so please call to see if we service your area and check for availability.
What are your delivery fees?
- Delivery fees vary by both the location of the event and what is ordered. Please call for quotations on delivery. You may pick-up most items from our warehouse at no cost.
What time will you deliver and pick-up my items?
- Delivery will vary on the size of your order and your event type. Wedding events and larger orders are typically delivered 2-4 days prior to the event date. Small backyard events are typically delivered 1-2 days prior to the event date. We do try to honor requests for delivery and pick-up, however there may be a charge for strict date and time restrictions due to adjustments to our schedule.
Do I have to be home for delivery?
- We recommend that you or a representative be present at the time of delivery to ensure that your items are correct and delivered to the correct location. If you cannot be home, we will deliver the items to a pre-designated location.
Does your staff set up the equipment?
- All tents will be properly set-up and secured by our trained personnel. Other items that are installed by our personnel are floors, lighting, side walls, and leg drapes. We do not set-up tables and chairs, but will stack them under the tent at no cost. If you require us to set-up your tables and chairs, there is an additional fee of $2.00 per table and $0.40 per chair that will be incurred. A layout for these items must be provided unless you or a representative are present to instruct our team where items must be placed.
What if I am missing items on delivery?
- We do our best to count every item on delivery, but it is up to you to make sure all items on your contract have been delivered and accounted for. Any discrepancies need to be brought to our attention BEFORE your event date. Any discrepancies on pick-up will be assumed as lost equipment.
Is there a fee for equipment pick-up?
- No. Delivery fees cover both delivery and pick-up. Items must be ready and accessible at the time of pick-up. If a return trip is required to retrieve items a second fee may be applied.
Should I do anything with the items before you pick them up?
- Please clear all garbage and decorations from under the tent and place the tables and chairs in the same location that they were dropped off. Please place rented table linens in a plastic bag or piled on tables and place under the tent. Dining items must be free of food debris and placed in the crates in which they arrived. You are not responsible for cleaning dining items or linens. Please do not attempt to take down the tent structure. Please note that additional charges will be incurred if trash and garbage is not cleaned up from under the tent. All rental items must be protected from the elements are expected to be placed under the tent.
What happens if items are damaged or lost?
- The customer is responsible for all items from time of delivery to time of pick-up. The customer will be charged replacement or repair costs for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment due to misuse or negligence.
Can you install tents over decks, patios, or driveways?
- Yes. Our frame tents can be installed over decks, patios, or driveways given the space needed. Sometimes this requires special staking or water barrel anchoring, so please let us know what type of surface you plan to place the tent. A site visit is suggested and often times required for such installations.
Are your tents fire retardant?
- All of our tents have a certificate of flame retardancy. We will be glad to email or fax a copy of the certificate to you upon request.
Do you have insurance?
- We carry auto, liability, and workman’s compensation insurance. We will be glad to provide you with a copy of our insurance certification upon request.
What should I do about underground electrical wire or sprinkler systems?
- The customer is responsible for notifying us of any underground utilities that may be present if staking is necessary for your event. If underground utilities are present or you are unsure, we work with a free service called C.B.Y.D (Call Before You Dig) that can mark utility lines so they can be avoided . We typically call CBYD one week prior to your event. The locators usually arrive within 2 business days and mark for utilities in the area where the tent will be installed. We will not be responsible for any damage to sprinkler systems as these cannot be accurately marked.